Google Page Rank

I'd love to hear your feedback on this website. While I don't guarantee that I'll take all your suggestions, I'll definitely listen to what you have to say and consider improving what we've got going here. Let it rip!
Meg

Google Page Rank

Post by Meg » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:11 pm

This might be a little off topic but I can't help but be impressed with your Google PR rank of 5/10. Nice! Considering how many credit card sites there are on the web that's no small feet.

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you manage it? I don't have a credit card site but another type (home loans) which is also saturated. I'd be grateful for the insight.

Thanks.

Meg

Post by Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 3:24 pm

very interesting...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter » Fri May 13, 2005 3:47 pm

I would just have to say that there are no tricks involved here. My personal theory is the following:

1) Devout loyalty to staying ON-topic - (almost) everything you read on this site is about rewards cards and goodies
2) Low graphic content - lots of text
3) Timely content
4) Longevity. This site has been around for about 8 years and seems to get a lot of cross references, especially from name-brand sites like CNN, Money, etc.

I don't think there is anything magical in that formula... Just keeping it real.

Post by Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 10:29 pm

Thanks for those excellent points! I will keep them in mind. :D

Meg

Natalia85
Good Friend of CCG

Re: Google Page Rank

Post by Natalia85 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 am

Hi, Peter . You built good site and forum. I like design very much. :)

thaedoya
Good Friend of CCG

Post by thaedoya » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 am

Peter wrote: 2) Low graphic content - lots of text
I agree indeed. Forum readers look for information, not to be entertained in some graphics.

IncredColor
Good Friend of CCG

Post by IncredColor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 pm

That is a nice google pr, but how much traffic do you generate? I know page rank is very important to some people, but to me it's all about the traffic, because traffic determines how many people are viewing your site.

One way I increase pr to my sites is by seeing who links to sites that are of the same topic, and see if I can get a link from them too. It can be a lot of work, but I enjoy it.

My recent reviews on:
Orchard bank credit card, hsbc credit card, and Marriott rewards

paviya
Good Friend of CCG

Post by paviya » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:07 am

Nice Google page rank,How much traffic did you generate?
Here i share my own experience.I have a website,Initially my website got low page rank So i needed to improve my website page rank.I improved my page rank by using paid seo service.I bought seo service from thewebpole.com Here they improved my page rank through keyword generator.Now my website got 3/10 page rank.

Obriant51
Good Friend of CCG

Post by Obriant51 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:36 am

I agree with you Peter. The content should be really good and relevant, otherwise the performance lacks consistency. I even apply the same to my PPC Advertising and only relevant traffic flows in. It’s better to have small but consistence success, than to win it big to never win again. Happy holidays!

Obriant51
Good Friend of CCG

Post by Obriant51 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Well, that could be related to PPC Advertising. I recently got to know about this and found it quite impressive. In this the business owner only pays when somebody clicks on the business advertisement. The number of credit card sites can also be affected by this technique.

ryanvince
Good Friend of CCG

Post by ryanvince » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Impressive results but I heard Page Rank is out of the equation now...